Our Business, Corporate and Securities group represents companies and investors in a range of industries through all stages of the business and transaction life cycle.
As outside general counsel, we provide our clients one stop shopping for legal services. If the need arises for specialized legal services we don’t provide, or for non-legal services such as accounting, banking or insurance, we have long standing relationships with trusted attorneys and service providers.
Our primary practice areas are:
- Entity Structure, Governance and Succession Planning
- Equity and Debt Financings
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Intellectual Property Development, Licensing and Protection
- General Counsel
- Incentive Plans
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Represented a multi-national entity in all aspects of its business from financing to developing solar generation in India and other emerging markets.
- Represented distribution utilities in scores of successful rate and regulatory proceedings in Massachusetts and New York and represented retail and wholesale customers and energy marketers in rate, regulatory and certification proceedings in numerous state commissions throughout the country.
- Successfully handled the siting and/or financing of energy facilities throughout the northeastern United States, including traditional fossil-fueled generation, electric and gas transmission and distribution lines, and renewable generation, including eminent domain takings for interstate natural gas pipelines.
- Represented sellers and buyers and borrowers and lenders in dozens of mergers and acquisitions and financing transactions, ranging from small players in regulated industries to transactions valued at more than $100,000,000.