The Real Estate Group at Rich May, P.C., manages complex areas of title, including easements and eminent domain issues. Members of the group work with various title insurance companies to issue title and navigate through complex issues as they come up in title exams.
We offer a full range of legal services to owners, buyers, and lenders for title matters.
We assist clients in obtaining title exams, reviewing title with title insurance companies and opposing counsel, and issuing title insurance for buyers or lenders.
We advise clients on a broad spectrum of easement matters, from neighbor disputes regarding access to complex reciprocal easements in shopping center developments.
We offer a full range of legal services to holders of eminent domain authority with land acquisition or land use needs. Our principal clients have included interstate pipeline and federally regulated LNG developers. We help our clients meet their land acquisition project needs, from permit determination and survey entry through agreements for acquisition and litigation to determine just compensation.
- Advising an interstate pipeline and its affiliated operational pipelines in Massachusetts and other New England and Mid-Atlantic States on state permitting, federal preemption, land acquisition and eminent domain issues since its inception and construction in 1953.
- Advising two interstate pipelines desiring to transport gas from Canada through Maine and New Hampshire to Massachusetts on state permitting, federal preemption, land acquisition and eminent domain issues and successfully implementing land acquisition strategy for Massachusetts lands.
- Advising an interstate pipeline on the acquisition and sale of an interstate LNG facility located in Providence, R.I. and on federal preemption of municipal zoning laws for over two decades.
- Advising two affiliated interstate pipelines on state permitting, federal preemption, land acquisition and eminent domain issues associated with obtaining interstate pipeline rights to transport natural gas cross eastern Massachusetts, Massachusetts Bay and federal waters. This included the successful filing and management of approximately 130 eminent domain actions in federal court.
- Advising on federal preemption, land acquisition and eminent domain matters on numerous smaller interstate natural gas pipeline projects in Massachusetts and on state and federal offshore lands.