Rich May, P.C. attorneys have significant and diverse experience in the construction industry and offer a broad spectrum of legal services to owners, developers, contractors, and subcontractors, including:
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contracts
- Development of residential, commercial, office, retail and industrial projects
- Transaction structuring, tax planning, entity selection and formation
- Commercial litigation
- Mechanics liens
- Represented regional renewable energy developer in negotiation and execution of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts with respect to several utility scale wind generation facilities.
- Argued the seminal case on subcontractor liens before the U.S. Supreme Judicial Court.
- Represented international renewable energy developer in negotiation and execution of EPC contracts with respect to several utility scale solar and biomass generation facilities.
- General Counsel to a lumber supplier to the construction industry.
- Represented developer in development and completion of Maine Street Station, a transit-oriented mixed use development in Brunswick, Maine.
- Represented large specialty construction company in a successful merger with another specialty construction company.
- Represented a construction contractor in the successful resolution of a claim brought by the Department of Labor alleging that the contractor had failed to pay in excess of $600,000 in overtime due to employees for time spent traveling to and from job sites.