Rich May’s litigation team is committed to delivering positive results for our clients. We pride ourselves on our dedication to client service, our sound judgment, passionate advocacy, and efficiency.
Our team consists of highly-skilled litigators who have won many trials, in federal and state courts, in arbitrations, and in administrative proceedings. While we believe that the willingness and ability to try cases is indispensable in resolving disputes, we also recognize that lawsuits generally, and trials in particular, are often not the best answers. We therefore offer intensive pre-litigation counseling and advocacy, so that our clients can avoid lawsuits when it is in their interest to do so. And, when a dispute results in litigation, we execute strategies and techniques, where appropriate for our clients, to obtain judgments without trial. At the same time, we work to best position our clients for a favorable negotiated resolution or for trial if warranted. Our litigators also have extensive appellate experience, having argued numerous cases before federal and state appellate courts. Rich May’s litigation group also has assisted many clients in resolving disputes through mediation and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings. In all instances, Rich May’s litigators enjoy partnering with our clients to achieve the best outcome in the circumstances, in the most prompt and cost-effective manner.
Among the matters we handle in our litigation practice are:
- commercial transactions
- corporate governance and shareholder rights
- partnership and close corporation disputes
- claims of business fraud, and unfair and deceptive business practices
- trade secret, trademark, and copyright disputes
- employment disputes
- real estate, environmental law, and land use matters
- Litigated technology company’s trade secret claims against competitor and former employee.
- Represented textile manufacturer in trademark and false advertising lawsuit against competitor.
- Represented on-line services company in copyright action against competitor.
- Obtained jury trial victory for insurer against financial services company in lawsuit arising from breached services agreement.
- Represented investors in securities fraud action against start-up company.
- Represented apparel design company before Trademark Trial and Appeal Board in dispute with clothing manufacturer.
- Represented financial services company in numerous domain name dispute arbitrations before National Arbitration Forum and World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Represented family in wrongful death case against health care services provider.
- Secured jury verdicts in favor of defendants at trial in cases asserting age and handicap discrimination claims.
- Represented employers in numerous claims before the EEOC and MCAD, including through public hearings.
- Conducted sexual-harassment training seminars for clients’ employees.
J. Allen Holland
Shareholder; Employment Law Group Co-Chair; Litigation Group Co-Chair
Jeffrey B. Loeb
Managing Director; Shareholder; Litigation Co-Chair; Real Estate and Title Litigation Chair