Frank Gaeta is an experienced civil litigator. He has won numerous jury trials in federal and state court. Frank concentrates on the litigation of business disputes.
Among his areas of focus are commercial transaction cases; trade secret, trademark, and copyright actions; securities litigation (including representing clients in SEC proceedings and in FINRA arbitrations); fiduciary and corporate governance issues; and employment disputes. In addition to his jury trial experience, Frank has successfully handled arbitrations, and has assisted many clients in resolving disputes through mediation. Frank also has extensive experience as an employment law counselor, for companies and executives.
Awards & Honors
- Named a “New England Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters, 2009-2018
- Lead counsel in jury trial victory for food wholesaler against state transportation agency in real estate dispute.
- Lead counsel in jury trial victory for insurer against financial services company in lawsuit arising from breached services agreement.
- Obtained permanent injunction and money damages for technology company in trade secret dispute.
- Obtained order dismissing executive’s claims against directors for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Successfully defended company against claims brought by former CEO.
- Successfully represented medical device manufacturer in arbitration of breach of contract and related claims against distributor.
- Successfully resolved various SEC and Massachusetts Securities Division investigations.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1992
- Yale College, B.A., cum laude, 1988
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
Outside the Office
- Frank lives in Sudbury, Massachusetts, and enjoys spending time with his two daughters, listening to 1980s alternative music, following Yale and Michigan football, fishing, skiing, spicy food, and coffee.