Rich May, P.C. represents employers across a wide range of industries, helping our clients minimize employee liability risks, create productive workplaces, solve human resources problems, and resolve employment disputes.
We also work with executives in negotiating the terms of their employment including compensation arrangements. Our services address a full range of employment issues including:
- executive employment agreements
- nondisclosure, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements
- incentive compensation plans
- employee handbooks
- employee leave policies
- anti-discrimination and other workplace conduct policies
- wage and hour issues
- workplace privacy issues
- separation agreements
- terminations, mass layoffs, and plant closings
- litigation of employment-related disputes, including trade secret misappropriation claims, restrictive covenants litigation, discrimination claims, and other disputes
- Prepared comprehensive employee handbooks for various multi-state employers.
- Counseled multi-state employers in compliance with federal WARN Act and state “Mini-WARN” statutes in connection with plant closings.
- Prepared sales commission plans for financial services company and hospitality business.
- Drafted and negotiated employment agreements for multiple C-suite executives.
- Represented a construction contractor in the successful resolution of a claim brought by the Department of Labor alleging that the contractor had failed to pay in excess of $600,000 in overtime due to employees for time spent traveling to and from job sites.
- Secured jury verdicts in favor of defendant employers at trial in cases asserting age and handicap discrimination claims.
- Represented company that was sued by a former executive who claimed that the company failed to pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars in extra compensation. After a three-day trial, the jury determined that the company did not owe the executive any money.
- Obtained permanent injunction and money damages for technology company in trade secret claims against competitor and former employee.
J. Allen Holland
Shareholder; Employment Law Group Co-Chair; Litigation Group Co-Chair
617-556-3879 | Email | vCard
Jeffrey B. Loeb
Managing Director; Shareholder; Litigation Co-Chair; Real Estate and Title Litigation Chair
617-556-3871 | Email | vCard
Scott A. Stokes
Managing Director; Shareholder; Business, Corporate and Securities Group Chair; Investment Management and Private Funds Group Co-Chair
617-556-3810 | Email | vCard