Howard Levin concentrates on commercial real estate and business transactions.
Howard represents clients in connection with real estate development, finance, acquisition, sales, commercial leasing, zoning and land use matters. He represents clients before planning and zoning boards throughout Massachusetts. He has extensive experience representing landlords and tenants in office, retail, restaurant and franchise leases. His clients include developers, retailers, restaurants, hotels, manufacturers, emerging technology businesses, and many Planet Fitness® owners.
Awards & Honors
- Named a “New England Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters, 2005-2022.
- Named a “Top Lawyer” by Boston Magazine, 2021-2022
- Named a Top Rated Lawyer in Business, Commercial, Real Estate Law and Zoning, Planning, and Land Use by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Received the 2010 Civic Leadership Award from the Lexington, MA Chamber of Commerce.
- $500MM Redevelopment of former Industrial Site into Transit-Oriented Residential Community
- Planet Fitness Health Club leasing, including nationwide prototype documentation
- Corporate Campus Development and Expansion
- $200MM Restructuring of Multi-state Commercial Loan Portfolio, and Multi-Year Plan of Disposition and Refinancing
- Brownfield Redevelopment into Hotel and Office Use
- Shopping Center Developments
- Duke University Law School, J.D., 1978
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, B.A., magna cum laude, 1975
Outside the Office
- MIT Venture Mentoring Service and Outreach Training Program
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst Political Science Advisory Board
- Chair of Lexington Center Streetscape Design Committee
- Member of Lexington Chamber of Commerce
- Skiing, biking and hiking