Arvid von Taube’s practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions and other strategic domestic and international corporate transactions where he represents established and emerging companies, business owners and private equity investors.
In addition, he counsels entrepreneurs, start-ups, small to mid-sized companies and family businesses on general corporate law and business matters during all of their lifecycle stages. Arvid also helps clients through the trademark registration and maintenance process nationally with the USPTO and locally with state agencies.
Awards & Honors
- Named a “Super Lawyer Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters, 2008-2009, 2019
- Represented national family-owned bulk trucking and 3PL business with over $252M in revenue in its merger with a private equity-backed national bulk trucking company with almost $300M in revenue, creating one of the largest bulk carriers in the industry.
- Represented healthcare data firm in multiple acquisitions of healthcare-related companies totaling $50M.
- Represented sales and marketing automation and visualization company in its $48M sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented digital customer experience firm in its $33M sale to an international provider.
- Represented dark fiber company in its $15M sale to a national fiber provider.
- Represented video production company in its $13M sale to a national provider.
- Represented business growth building firm in multiple acquisitions of software companies totaling $9M.
- Represented facilities management software provider in its $9M sale to a national real estate platform management firm.
Articles & Talks
- Author, “Massachusetts Benefits Corporation”, Corporate Law Bulletin (January 2013)
- Author, “JOBS Act – Title II: General Advertising and Solicitation under Rule 506 of Regulation D and Rule 144A”, Corporate Law Bulletin (December 2012)
- Author, “JOBS Act – Title I: Emerging Growth Companies and the IPO On-Ramp”, Corporate Law Bulletin (October 2012)
- Presenter, “Legal Entity Choice for Start-Ups”, Boston Regional Entrepreneurship Week (October 2010)
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2006; Delaware Journal of Corporate Law (Editor)
- Luther College, B.A., 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Outside the Office
- I played four years of varsity NCAA tennis in college and have continued to compete in leagues and tournaments in Boston.
- My passions include hiking National Parks, astronomy, photography, and combining all three! The first photo is from one of my night shoots in Big Bend National Park in southwest Texas, which will be featured in the park’s new visitor center exhibit.