Practice Areas & Industries
At Rich May, P.C., our real estate attorneys focus on creating value. We approach real estate transactions strategically and creatively, working with our clients to develop the most advantageous plan to gain the maximum value from their investments. We address not just “dirt law,” but investment objectives, risk management, tax, and exit strategies.
We offer a full range of legal services to the real estate industry, and to our corporate clients with real estate needs. Our clients include owners, developers and lenders active in development, acquisitions, sales and financing. We also help our business clients meet their real estate needs, from leases and acquisitions to construction and development of corporate campuses. Our services include:
- Small Business Association 7(a) and 504 Loan representation for lenders, business owners, and Certified Development Companies. We are certified by the National Association of Development Companies for expedited SBA 504 Loan processing
- Transaction structuring, tax planning, entity selection and formation
- Acquisition and disposition of commercial and industrial properties throughout the United States
- Real estate and commercial finance, including debt, equity and conduit financing
- Development of residential, commercial, office, retail and industrial projects
- Leasing for commercial, office, retail and restaurant landlords and tenants
- Telecommunications facility siting under local, state and federal laws, including the Telecommunications Act of 1996
- Strategic planning and risk management for real estate ownership, management and development
- Real estate joint ventures, private equity, investment management and securities law compliance
- Restructuring and repositioning distressed projects
- Multi-family projects, including affordable housing under 40B
- Commercial and residential condominium development
$200MM restructuring of multi-state commercial loan portfolio for large diversified real estate company, including multi-year plan of disposition and refinancing.
$33MM acquisition and financing of Rhode Island office tower for private equity joint venture.
$12MM joint venture acquisition and repositioning of Route 95/128 full service hotel, via combination of acquisition of fee ownership and mortgage note.
Stealth land assemblies for multi-million dollar commercial developments in various urban and rural areas of Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Development of new, full service hotel in Brunswick, Maine.
$21MM acquisition, financing, redevelopment and sale of retail mall, motel and restaurant property in Massachusetts.
Acquisition and redevelopment of 100,000 s.f. component of prominent retail shopping center in Massachusetts.
Acquisition, financing and development of net leased pharmacy properties in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Negotiated settlements of real estate partnership disputes.
Leasing and roll-out of multi-site fitness center chain in Atlanta, Georgia.
Due diligence, acquisition, financing and leasing of multi-city retail fuel operation with 16 locations.
Acquisition and redevelopment of bank controlled massachusetts industrial property and redevelopment into industrial and office condominium.
1031 tax deferred forward, reverse and partial exchange transactions.