Practice Areas & Industries
Tax & Estate Planning
At Rich May, P.C., we provide sophisticated estate planning and settlement services to a wide range of clients, including professionals, business owners, retirees and other wealthy individuals and their families. Our attorneys provide sound advice, personal service, technical proficiency and sensitivity to client needs. We help clients achieve their estate planning goals. Our attorneys are knowledgeable in sophisticated methods to minimize estate, gift and inheritance taxes. We also advise trustees, executors and beneficiaries on trust administration and probate matters.
We offer a variety of tax, estate planning and fiduciary services including:
- Tax planning for individuals, businesses and exempt organizations
- Wills, pour-over trusts, irrevocable trusts, durable powers of attorneys, healthcare proxies and living wills
- Advanced estate planning techniques for high net-worth clients, including Family Limited Partnerships and Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Estate Administration, including preparation and submission of filings with the Probate Court and preparation of federal and state estate tax returns
- Trust Administration, including preparation of annual accounts and coordination of preparation and filing of annual federal and state income tax returns
- Implemented gift tax planning for use of the $5.12 million lifetime federal gift tax exemption.
- Successfully navigated a gross estate in excess of $10 million through the IRS and Massachusetts return process.