James B. HeffernanCounselTelephone: 617-556-3881Fax: 617-556-3889Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWeChat: j-Heff
Acquisitions and Sales:
- A Chinese real estate developer’s $7 million dollar acquisition of a ground lease development in Quincy, Massachusetts.A regional developer’s $7.6 million dollar acquisition of a former GE industrial site in Lynn, Massachusetts.
- A regional developer’s $10 million sale of a light industrial property in Portland, Maine.
- A local restaurateur’s acquisition and permitting of a restaurant in Amherst, Massachusetts.
- A Chinese investor in a joint venture with a local developer for the acquisition and development of a $120 million mixed use development in Roxbury, Massachusetts.
- An international client in the formation of an investment fund for the acquisition of robotics companies.
- An EB-5 Regional Center with private financing and lending for projects in Rhode Island, Maine, and Massachusetts.
- Negotiated on behalf of a restaurant tenant a complex lease with a boutique hotel located in downtown Boston.
- Frequently represented a commercial landlord in managing and drafting of office and light industrial leases.
- Obtained approval from MassDOT for a national self-storage company in its development of a site in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Obtained approvals for a national gas station and convenience store retailer before the City of Boston Zoning Board of Approval and the Boston Redevelopment Authority.
- Frequently represented a Massachusetts solar development company with various solar projects throughout Massachusetts.
- Obtained a liquor license and other business permits for a national food-chain in Danvers, Massachusetts.
- NetVirta, Inc. in company formation and technology start-up issues.
- A regional developer in refinance and construction contracting issues throughout New England.
- Frequently represented franchisees in negotiations of their franchise agreements.
- Sun Beatzz in formation of their band and related contracts.
Named “Boston Rising Star” by National Law Journal in 2015
Named a “Super Lawyers New England Rising Star” for Real Estate by Boston Magazine in 2013-2016.
Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Executive Editor
Speaking Engagements & Publications
Speaker, "Collection Law and Bankruptcy Law," National Business Institute CLE Seminar, Springfield, Mass., April 24, 2012.
Frequent Guest Lecturer, Advance Business Law, Boston University, School of Management, 2012-present.
Technical Assistance Panels, sponsored by MassDevelopment and ULI Boston/New England Leominster Co-Chair, 2016, Saugus Co-Chair, 2015, Westfield, Chair, 2015
Lawyers Have Heart 5K Road Race, Boston
Boston Bar Association
Real Estate Bar Association
Urban Land Institute (ULI)
New England Chinese Information and Networking Association