James B. HeffernanCounselTelephone: 617-556-3881Fax: 617-556-3890Email: email@example.comWeChat: j-Heff
Jim represents local, national and international clients in all facets of real estate, including purchase and sale of property, condominiums, obtaining state and local zoning/permitting approvals, leasing between landlords and tenants, joint venture development agreements, construction contracts, EB-5 investments, and commercial and private financing. He also regularly advises individuals and small businesses in company formation, contracts, restructuring, and business permitting.
Jim is also a part-time adjunct professor at Boston University Questrom School of Business in the Markets, Public Policy and Law Department.
Acquisitions and Sales:
- A joint venture development of 15 condominium units in Andrew Square, South Boston.
- A Chinese real estate developer’s $7 million dollar acquisition of a ground lease development in Quincy, Massachusetts.
- A regional developer’s $7.6 million dollar acquisition of a former GE industrial site in Lynn, Massachusetts.
- A regional developer’s $10 million sale of a light industrial property in Portland, Maine.
- A local restaurateur’s acquisition and permitting of a restaurant in Somerville, Massachusetts.
- A Chinese investor in a joint venture with a local developer for the acquisition and development of a $120 million mixed use development in Roxbury, Massachusetts.
- An international client in the formation of an investment fund for the acquisition of robotics companies.
- An EB-5 Regional Center with private financing and lending for projects in Rhode Island, Maine, and Massachusetts.
- A restaurant tenant with a complex lease regarding a boutique hotel located in downtown Boston.
- A digital advertising company with its leases in Boston, MA, New York, NY, and San Francisco, CA.
- Frequently represented a commercial landlord in managing and drafting of office and light industrial leases.
- Obtained approval from MassDOT for a national self-storage company in its development of a site in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Obtained approvals for a national gas station and convenience store retailer before the City of Boston Zoning Board of Approval and the Boston Redevelopment Authority.
- Frequently represented a Massachusetts solar development company with various solar projects throughout Massachusetts.
- Obtained a liquor license and common victualer license for a sushi restaurant in Davis Square, Somerville, Massachusetts.
- Obtained a liquor license and other business permits for a national food-chain in Danvers, Massachusetts.
- A new light-industrial, research and development office sharing company with respect to its formation, financing, leasing, and general corporate work.
- NetVirta, Inc. in company formation, technology start-up, and financing issues.
- A regional developer in refinance and construction contracting issues throughout New England.
- Frequently represented franchisees in negotiations of their franchise agreements.
- Sun Beatzz in formation of their band and related contracts.
Named “Boston Rising Star” by National Law Journal in 2015
Named a “Super Lawyers New England Rising Star” for Real Estate by Boston Magazine in 2013-2018.
Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Executive Editor
Speaking Engagements & Publications
Technical Assistance Panels, sponsored by MassDevelopment and ULI Boston/New England Clinton Co-Chair, 2017; Leominster Co-Chair. 2016; Saugus Co-Chair, 2015; Westfield, Chair, 2015
Lawyers Have Heart 5K Road Race, Boston
Boston Bar Association
Real Estate Bar Association
Urban Land Institute (ULI)