Christopher M. Hynes focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation. Chris began his career as a litigation associate at a global law firm in New York representing clients in a variety of complex commercial litigations, antitrust and consumer protection class action suits, white-collar investigations, and international arbitrations. Chris moved back to Boston to work at a white-collar defense boutique firm.
During law school, Chris served as a judicial extern for U.S. Magistrate Judge (now U.S. District Court Judge) Mary M. Rowland of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois. He also served as a Trial Chambers Intern for the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in The Hague.
Chris received a dual-major B.A., cum laude, in Journalism and Legal Studies from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst in June 2009, and a J.D. in 2015 from Northwestern University School of Law, where he was the Executive Editor of the Journal of International Law & Business.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst (B.A. cum laude, Journalism and Legal Studies)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of New York
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
Outside the Office
When he’s not working, Chris likes to travel, read, and watch Celtics games on the edge of his seat.