One of the most active areas of our practice is representation of companies and investors in private financings, including:
- A high volume of venture-capital, angel and seed financings. Our corporate attorneys are all well versed in the standard National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) financing terms.
- Convertible notes, mezzanine debt and other forms of venture debt or bridge financing
- Compliance with Federal and state securities laws and regulations: disclosure requirements; Rule 10b-5; exemptions from securities registration requirements, including Regulation D; state “blue sky” laws
- Recapitalizations, including cram-down and “pay to play” financings
- Broker-dealer issues
- Commercial bank loans, for real estate and for commercial and industrial