Nicolas Kensington, a managing director and shareholder of the firm, concentrates on corporate, venture capital, commercial transactions, business succession, telecommunications, real estate development and personal tax matters.
His multifaceted practice embraces all aspects of the organization, operation and strategic development of business entities, including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint partnerships and joint ventures; and the legal issues facing the officers, directors, employees and investors, whether in an entrepreneurial or mature business context.
Mr. Kensington attended the Rutgers Graduate School of Business in a joint degree program leading to an M.B.A. and J.D. Mr. Kensington attended New York University in the graduate tax studies program leading to an L.L.M in taxation. Mr. Kensington is attentive to the economic and tax impacts on clients from his advice.
Awards & Honors
- Editor, Rutgers Journal of Computers and the Law
- Named a “New England Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters
- Advisor/Instructor to the Entrepreneurial Management Institute of Boston University School of Management
- Trustee, Director, Fiduciary in various non-profit organizations, including King Caesar Beach Trust, Duxbury, Massachusetts and various Family Trusts.
- Represented a family with a private business with over 5000 employees with complex inter-family matters, resulting in the sale for $2.1 BB of multiple businesses, including radio, telecommunications, manufacturing and sports teams; and including the implementation of a novel tax strategy saving the family many millions of dollars in taxes.
- Represented management groups in the buyout of companies in various industries, including industrial chemical, direct marketing, construction and telecommunications; and continued the representation during the growth, diversification and ultimate sale of these companies to various venture capital and private equity firms.
- Represented Private Equity Firms in their organization, financing and multiple acquisitions of businesses over many years.
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D. 1973; Editor, Journal of Computers and the Law
- Rutgers University Graduate School of Business
- New York University (Taxation)
- Rutgers University, B.A.,1969
- New York
- New Jersey*
- U.S. Court of Appeals (1st. Circuit)
- U.S. Court of Appeals ( 2nd Circuit)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Outside the Office
- Nicolas was born in Bristol, England and moved to the U.S. when he was 6 years old.
- Nicolas lives in Duxbury, Massachusetts with his wife, Laura and his golden retriever, Quinn. Nicolas and Laura have three grown children and two grandchildren.