Matthew Sweet concentrates on corporate, securities, investment management and financial matters.
His practice focuses on assisting clients in a range of corporate law areas, including the organization of corporations and other business entities, corporate governance, contracts, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, and secured transactions. Matt also advises clients on state and federal securities laws and regulations, sales and use tax liability, and other compliance and regulatory matters.
- Assisted in a number of mergers, acquisitions, and debt and equity financings, including conducting due diligence, drafting transaction and ancillary documents, and ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assisted a distributor with ensuring nationwide compliance with sales and use tax obligations.
- Regularly assists investment advisers with respect to ongoing compliance issues.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2018; Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest, Outreach Editor and Staff Writer
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, B.B.A., summa cum laude, 2015; Commonwealth Honors College Scholar with Greatest Distinction
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Outside the Office
- Matt is an avid outdoorsman with a love for the mountains, spending weekends hiking, camping, fishing and snowboarding.
- Matt lives in Dedham, Massachusetts with his two dogs, Mick and Hank.