Mary’s practice focuses on Intellectual Property law including trademarks and copyright.
Mary helps clients through the trademark registration and maintenance process nationally with the USPTO and locally with state agencies. She has represented a wide range of clients in the entertainment business on contract, copyright and trademark matters.
- Worked with coalition of companies on statewide marketing campaign including protection of brand, development of brand guidelines and resolution of a dispute involving the unauthorized use of a trademark as a keyword.
- Representation of producers and production companies in various matters on production agreements, content distribution agreements and pre-broadcast libel review.
- Counsels clients on domastic and international trademark and copyright protection.
Articles & Talks
- Co-author, “Independence for Tibet: An International Legal Analysis”. 8 China Law Reporter 22 (1994)
- Co-author, Report of the Committee on Immigration and Nationality Law Recommending Reform of the Law of International Extradition, 41 THE RECORD OF THE ASSOCIATION OF THE BAR OF NEW YORK CITY 587 (June 1986)
- Wellesley College, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
- University College, Dublin, M.A.
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Outside the Office
- Board Member, Medicines for Humanity
- Board Member, Melrose Alliance Against Violence
- Member of the Wellesley College Authors on Stage Committee
- Wellesley College Class Co-Vice President
- Mary lives in Melrose and enjoys world travel and yoga.