Jodi K. Hanover focuses on energy law and general corporate matters. Jodi provides counsel to a consortium of all gas and electric utilities and municipal aggregators in Massachusetts for matters related to energy efficiency and the Green Communities Act, including representation in front of the Department of Public Utilities and the Energy Efficiency Advisory Council.
She advises utilities, competitive electricity suppliers, and solar developers on various energy-related matters, and has negotiated agreements related to net metering and electricity supply on behalf of municipalities and other public and private entities. Jodi also works with diverse clients in a variety of regulatory and transactional matters, including real estate developers, medical device companies, software developers, filmmakers, construction companies, and nonprofits. Jodi excels in team leadership, consensus-building, communications, negotiations, and clear and persuasive writing.
Awards & Honors
- Work with Mass Save® consortium that has helped Massachusetts be named the most energy efficient state in the nation by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) for nine consecutive years.
- Selected as a participant in the Women’s Leadership Program of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce.
- Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters for multiple years.
- ABCD Community Heroes Celebration Friends Committee, 2017
- Negotiated, drafted, and advised in the implementation of Three-Year Energy Efficiency Plans filed pursuant to the Green Communities Act for 2010-2012, 2013-2015, 2016-2018, and 2019-2021.
Articles & Talks
- Boston Bar Association Energy Committee Panelist, 2019
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2006; International and Comparative Law Review, Articles Editor
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., with honors, 2001
Outside the Office
- Jodi is passionate about contemporary art, and spends much of her free time visiting museums.
- Jodi enjoys traveling and planning trips in New England and around the world.