Atakelti Desta, better known as “A.T.,” is an associate in the firm’s Commercial Real Estate and Energy practice groups.
A.T. represents developers, investors, financial institutions and business owners of various sizes in a broad range of transactional matters including: acquisitions and dispositions, construction, condominium, energy efficiency policy, formation/conversion, debt/equity financing, land use entitlement, leasing, and real estate funds.
A.T. is deeply engaged with his clients’ goals and values communication as an integral component to his practice. He strives to better understand a client’s practical circumstances when analyzing legal issues.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2016; Journal for Law and Medicine, Executive Notes Editor; CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Transactional Writing and Skills
- Boston College, M. Ed., cum laude, 2011
- Boston College, B.A., 2009
Outside the Office
- A.T. studied and worked in Madrid, Spain for a semester in law school and enjoys traveling.
- A.T. is involved with numerous non-profit causes surrounding service, social justice and education. He is member of the Belmont Hill School’s Corporation and a Co-Director of the school’s Multicultural Alumni Partnership. A.T. is also involved in KASDA, a non-profit that advances schools and infrastructure in a remote region of Ethiopia. He also serves on the board for Builders of Color Coalition, an affinity group for real estate professionals of color and Unity Circles, a group that promotes restorative justice principles.
- A.T. is an avid Celtics and Patriots fan. He enjoys sports and plays basketball in a Cambridge recreational league once a week.