Practice Areas & Industries
Trucking, Logistics & Transportation
Rich May, P.C.’s attorneys have been providing counsel to clients in the trucking, logistics & transportation industry for several decades. Part of our experience stems from our long standing relationship with one of the largest bulk truck carriers in North America. Our attorneys routinely represent carriers, transloading companies and courier companies in a variety of matters including:
- Acquisitions of trucking companies and equipment
- Purchases and sales of terminal sites
- Joint ventures
- Long term leases at ports and rail terminals
- Employee matters
- Demurrage claims
- Insurance matters, including relationships with industry-wide captive insurance carrier
- Intellectual property protection of software and third party logistics systems
Represented buyer of tractors and trailers from national carrier in bankruptcy.
Represented buyer in acquisition and integration of smaller regional carriers into larger national carrier.
Represented transloading company in demurrage dispute with railroad.
Represented buyer of Boston-based courier company.
Represented carrier in refinancing loan and credit agreement secured by rolling stock and certain terminals throughout the country.
Represented shippers and receivers in connection with terrorist claims under the ICA and related statutes.
Routinely draft and review contracts on behalf of transloading company with its customers and railroads.