Practice Areas & Industries
Rich May, P.C. represents software companies throughout their entire life-cycles, including formation, financing, licensing and services contracts, distribution and reseller partnerships, intellectual property protection and exploitation, employment matters, dispute resolution, acquisitions and exit strategies. Our software clients use a full range of licensing models, including SaaS, cloud, perpetual, shrink-wrap, click-through and subscription agreements. We also represent systems integrators and customers of software and related services. We negotiate, draft and advise on the spectrum of agreements common to the software industry, including:
- License agreements
- Software development agreements
- Professional services agreements
- Open source software licenses
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Value Added Reseller (VAR) distribution, joint marketing and joint venture agreements
- Hardware purchase agreements and equipment leases.